THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Developed for students aged 16 to 19, the International Baccalaureate (IB) is a highly regarded, internationally recognised programme, offered by more than 3421 schools in 157 different countries worldwide.
During the IB programme (last 2 years of high school), students are studying 6 subjects chosen from 6 subject groups (1 subject/group):
- 3 subjects are studied at higher level (HL = 240 tuition hours/subject);
- 3 subjects at standard level (SL = 150 tuition hours/subject).
Each school offers different subjects at different study levels (HL/SL).
Besides the 6 subjects, IB programme also includes a compulsory Core programme consisting of Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Extended Essay (EE) and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS).
Students take written examinations on each subject at the end of their courses, which are marked by external IB examiners.
The IB prepares students for life, by developing inquiring, knowledgeable, open-minded, principled and caring young people.
6 SUBJECT GROUPS:
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and so on.
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Latin, Chinese.
History, Geography, Economics, Business and Management, Psychology, Global Politics, Philosophy.
Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Environmental Systems, Sports, Exercise and Health Science, Computer Science, Design Technology.
Analysis and Approaches, Applications and Interpretation.
Visual Arts, Theatre, Music, Film.
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK), in which students develop critical thinking, reflect on the nature of knowledge, improve their communication skills;
- The Extended Essay (EE), is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4000-word paper;
- Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS), in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
Students take written examinations at the end of their courses, the marks awarded for each course range from 1 (lowest) to 7 (highest).
The minimum score a student should get to receive the IB Diploma is 24 points, and the maximum score a student can get is 45 points.
The IB is offered by our partner schools in:
Follow us on: